VFIS is an international school with concurrent English medium and bilingual programmes. It provides a 21st-century education within a healthy, multicultural and dynamic learning community. The school serves as a benchmark for academic excellence and a place where a world-class curriculum, excellent teaching, innovation and cultural traditions are harmoniously integrated.
VFIS aims to inspire its students to be caring and balanced, enabling them to lead rewarding personal and professional lives. Students will gain the necessary skills, competences and character qualities to successfully navigate the challenges and opportunities of an ever-changing world. Their actions should be driven by an international mindset.
The International Baccalaureate® aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
VFIS achieves its mission by:
- Creating authentic learning opportunities to develop the cognitive and social skills required for success
- Enabling graduates to transition to higher education with advanced digital, language, thinking, and study skills
- Achieving high academic and competence-performance levels across all grades
- Establishing a forerunner showcase school of evidence- based excellence
- Providing a community of professional development for teachers and future teacher trainees at Ton Duc Thang University
- Linking and collaborating internationally with world-class schools and entities in research, practice and performance
- Thriving to become a national and regional centre of excellence in education
The Vietnam-Finland International School core values recognize the significance of childhood and the uniqueness of every child to grow and fulfil his or her potential as an individual and a full member of society. At VFIS, we embrace the following four core values in our everyday work:
- Vitality: Strong, active and energetic spirit
- Flexibility: Successful adaptation and management in life
- Inclusion: Integration for development
- Sisu: A Finnish word for resilience and perseverance for the better