Vietnam-Finland International School is pleased to announce academic scholarships for applicants who excel in secondary school. We are looking for bright students who are ambitious, energetic and willing to contribute to school life while benefiting from our world-class teaching and facilities.
Candidates: Students of all nationalities who register in our International or Bilingual programme for Grade 9 or Grade 10 at VFIS for the School year 2020-2021.
Scholarships: 15 scholarships for the Bilingual programme and 15 scholarships for the International programme. Each scholarship is valued at 25-50 percent off the annual tuition fee of the programme in which the student enrolls.
Application period: Students who are awarded a scholarship will receive a tuition reduction for the 2020-2021 school year. Continuation of the scholarship is dependent on student performance and their contributions to school life.
Criteria for Scholarship for the School year 2020-2021
The approval of a scholarship for the School year 2020-2021 is based on the record of each candidate's achievement. In case there are more candidates who meet the scholarship requirements than the expected number of scholarships, the Scholarship Examination Committee will rank the applications. Applicants must meet at least the following requirements:
- Academic results in the last academic year of the school are at the Good level or equivalent to the Good level or higher
- English proficiency from B1 and above (Common European framework)
- Qualities (Behavior, skill, attitude) are evaluated as positive during lower secondary school
- Positive contribution to community service activities
- Leadership through participating in different team activities
- The registration form for a scholarship here
- Essay on a topic given by VFIS here
- Two recommendation letters from people who know the student well, including at least one teacher
- Copy of academic results from the last two academic years. A copy of the results of the second semester of the 2019-2020 school year may be added after July 15, 2020 but no later than July 20, 2020.
- Copy of birth certificate
- 2 recent 4x6 photos
- English certificate (if available)
- Certificate of participation in community activities, certificates of merit, awards for exams (if any).
How to submit your application:
- 1st option: Send the application documents directly to Admissions Office - Vietnam-Finland International School. Address:01, D1 Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City (inside Ton Duc Thang University Campus, 19 Nguyen Huu Tho street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, HCMC)
- 2nd option: Send the application documents online through email: email@example.com; Title: [Full name of the student_VFIS SCHOLARSHIP]
- 22/07/2020: Deadline for accepting applications
- 25/07/2020: Entrance assessment and interview
- 31/07/2020: Announcement of results
- 07/08/2020: Deadline for candidates to accept the scholarship, pay the reservation fee and complete the registration procedure at VFIS.
- 14/08/2020: Deadline for scholarship students to pay the remaining tuition fee. After this period, if a student has not paid the remaining tuition fee, the school will withdraw the approved scholarship benefit. The reservation fee will not be refunded.
Notes: The scholarship applies only to the tuition fee and does not include any other fees.
For further information, please contact:
- Admissions Office
- Vietnam-Finland Internatinal School
- 19 Nguyen Huu Tho Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, HCMC
- Hotline: 0903 996 232