Vietnam-Finland International School welcomes the new school year 2022-2023. We are ready to welcome new members, a generation of dynamic, enthusiastic students with outstanding ability and thinking through the Scholarship Program implemented as follows:
Students of all nationalities who register in our International or Bilingual programme for Grade 9-12 ensure the criteria and conditions for scholarship consideration of the School.
2. Criteria and conditions for scholarship
2.1 For new students enrolling in the 2022-2023 school year:
Students submit their applications for scholarships according to regulations. The scholarship is considered for the grant based on the evidence in the candidate's scholarship application file and the evaluation results of the Professional Committee, at least meet the following requirements:
• Academic results in the most recent school year are Good or equivalent to Good or higher;
• Entrance Assessment Result at VFIS are at the Good level (from 8/10) or higher;
• English proficiency at a level of B2 (according Common European framework or higher);
• Qualitiies (Behavior, attitude) are evaluated as positive during the years of secondary school, high school;
• Actively participate in extracurricular activities, community activities
• Leadership capacity through participating in team activities.
2.2. For students studying at VFIS
The scholarships are considered for each academic year and are based on the academic record and the results of each student's training at VFIS of the previous school year. Minimum criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
- Achieved “Excellent” in core subjects:
+ For the Bilingual program, including: Mathematics, Literature, English, Science (including subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology);
+ For the international program including: Math, English, Science (including subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography);
- Achieved “Complete” level in the remaining subjects;
- Being evaluated positively in working skills and behavior according to the school's standards;
3. General principles:
- The school grants 15 scholarships for the Bilingual Program and 15 scholarships for the International Program every year. Each scholarship is worth from 25 - 50% of the tuition fee for the academic year of the program students are studying, the specific value will be approved by the Professional Committee for each case.
- Students can continue to apply for scholarships in the following academic years if they meet the criteria for scholarship consideration of the University.
- In case the number of candidates meeting the scholarship requirements is more than the number of scholarships considered in the academic year, the Scholarship Review Board will consider the scholarships from the top down and evaluate each case until the number of scholarships is exhausted. has been determined.
- The scholarship is only granted when the student properly fulfills the tuition fee obligations as prescribed by VFIS.
- The scholarship applies to tuition fees only; Excluding other fees; Not applicable in conjunction with other preferential policies;
- The scholarship is applicable to semester or annual tuition fees;
- Students who have registered to study and have paid tuition fees at VFIS are also allowed to apply for scholarships.
- Students who move from another school or country to VFIS after the start of the school year, if they fully meet the above requirements and the School still has a scholarship, they can apply for a scholarship in accordance with the regulations.
4. Application for a scholarship:
4.1. For new students enrolling in the 2022-2023 school year:
- Scholarship application form (here);
- Essay with question recommended by VFIS (here);
- Letters of recommendation from two people who know the student well, at least one of whom shall be the teacher who has taught the student;
- Copies of academic results of the latest two school years;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- Two (2) latest 4x6 photos English level B2 (according to the European framework and above);
- Certificates of participation in community activities, certificates of merit, awards for exams;
4.2. For students studying at VFIS applying for scholarships:
- Copies of certificates of participation in community activities, certificates of merit, awards of exams (if any);
- Academic results for the school year 2021-2022;
- An individual self-assessment article that provides comprehensive information about the student's progress during the previous school year;
5. Submit application for admission:
- 1st Option: Send your application directly to the Admissions Office of Vietnam - Finland International School. Address: 01, D1 Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, City. Ho Chi Minh City (belong to the campus of Ton Duc Thang University, 19 Nguyen Huu Tho, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, HCMC)
- 2nd Option: Send the application documents online through E-mail address: email@example.com; Subject [STUDENT NAME_VFIS SCHOLARSHIP]
6. Deployment time:
- June 22, 2022: Deadline for admission applications. The School will start organizing recruitment exams and interviewing candidates. When the student completes all sections of the test, results will be announced after seven working days. Candidates shall confirm the scholarship, pay the reservation fee and complete the admission application process within 14 days from the result announcement day.
- August 15, 2022: Deadline for students receiving scholarships to pay the remaining tuition fees. After this date, if the student has not paid the remaining tuition fees, the School will withdraw the approved scholarship benefits. The reservation fee shall not be refunded.
Note: The scholarship only includes a reduction in tuition fees, not any other fees.