1. Tuituion Fee
2. EARLY PAYMENT
Subjects of application : 1-12th graders from the International and Bilingual Program at VFIS whose parents pay the prescribed tuition fees to receive the early payment discount policy.
All the fees must be completed, including: Application Fee, Security Deposit Fee, Tuition Fee in accordance with the following timelines:
· Payment in full by May 27th, 2023: 10% discount
· Payment in full from May 27th, 2023 to July 16th, 2023: 5% discount
· Offer is no longer valid after July 16th, 2023
3. SIBLING TUITION FEE DISCOUNTS
Subjects of application : 1-12th graders from the International and Bilingual Program who are having siblings study at the school.
- From the second child (calculated by year of birth, the younger child) reduces the actual tuition fee of that student by 10%. The actual tuition fee is calculated after applying other support policies. Termly or annual payment is applicable.
- Full-siblings or half-sister/ brother on father/mother’s side.
4. GENERAL POLICIES:
- The tuition fees include all subjects in the curriculum, extra-curricular activities and club membership, day field trips within HCMC, online learning resources and printing paper, 10 notebooks/student/year and labels, tutoring lessons (except EAL) for those in need of learning support, Star Math Books for International students.
Particularly for the IB (International Baccalaureate) Programme: Tuition fees include subject fees, core fees and exam submission fees for the IB Programme. Other costs incurred (service fees on request, fees for complaints/reviews, fees related to the return of IB subject test results, etc.) will be paid by parents on a case-by-case basis under the support of the IB Programme Coordinator, the School collects according to the tariff at the time of arising.
- Field trips outside HCMC: Fees will be notified and students’ participation will be on a voluntary basis.
- Week Without Walls, a picnic activity for high school students outside HCMC: The estimated cost is 10.000.000 VND/student (the final cost will be determined according to the school-year plan).
- Payment of the school fees can be paid termly or annually.
- Tuition fee must be paid by the due date indicated on the payment request. Late payment will incur a charge of 0.05%/day applied to the outstanding amount. After 60 days past the due date, in addition to the late fee of 0.05%/day, school records will be kept and students may be discharged.
- The VFIS academic year is divided into 2 Terms (4 quarters)
-Term 1 includes: Quarter 2 and Quarter 2;
-Term 2 includes: Quarter 3 and Quarter 4.
- If an applicant is enrolled after the start of Term 1, the Tuition Fees for the remaining year have to be paid in advance according to the table below:
|Items||Applicant starts in 1st Quarter||Applicant starts in 2nd Quarter||Applicants starts in 3rd and 4th Quarter|
|Late enrollment fee||Annual Fee||80% of Annual Fee||Term 2 Fee|
5. PAYMENT TIMELINE:
- All annual tuition or tuition fee for Term 1 must be paid before the school year begins.
- The tuition fee for Term 2 must be paid before Term 2 begins.
6. REFUND POLICIES:
6.1. Before the start of the school year 2023-2024
- In case, parents have completed the payment of tuition fee (Annual or by Term) but the student refuses to start at VFIS, the tuition fee is refunded according to when the parents complete and submit the Withdrawal Notification Form to the Admissions Office:
* If the Admissions Office receives a Withdrawal Notification Form at least 60 calendar days prior to the starting day of school year (including weekends and holidays), 100% of the tuition fee will be refunded;
* If the Admissions Office receives a Withdrawal Notification Form within 59 calendar days prior to the starting day of school year (including weekends and holidays), 90% of the tuition fee will be refunded.
* In the case that parents complete and submit the Withdrawal Notification Form to the Admissions Office when the school year begins: refund is applied as specified in section 6.2.
- In case, parents have completed the payment of the tuition fee at VFIS by July 30th, 2023 but VFIS notifies that the student study profile does not meet with the school’s enrolment requirements, VFIS is obliged to refund the tuition fee in full.
6.2. After the start of the school year 2023-2024
- In case, parents have completed the payment of tuition fee (only in full payment) after the starting of the school year but the student refuses to start at VFIS, the refund rate and its procedure will be carried out according to the following principles:
65% of paid tuition if:
- Parents complete and submit the Withdrawal Notification Form to the Admissions office at least 45 calendar days (including weekends and holidays), prior to the student's last day.
- Student’s last day is in the first Quarter.
40% of paid tuition if:
- Parents complete and submit the Withdrawal Notification Form to the Admissions office at least 45 calendar days (including weekends and holidays), prior to the student's last day of Quarter 2.
- Student’s last day is in the second Quarter.
7. OTHER FEES:
7.1. Application Fee
- + For Primary students (Grade 1 to 5): 2.250.000 (VND)
- + For Secondary (Grade 6 to 9) and High School students (Grade 10 to Grade 12): 4.500.000 (VND)
A non-refundable Application Fee (including the entrance assessment & admin fees) is payable upon submission of Application Form.
7.2. Security Deposit Fee
- International Programme: 25.000.000 (VND) per application
- Bilingual Programme:15.000.000 (VND) per application
- A security deposit fee is payable when students are accepted to VFIS.
- The security deposit fee secures one place for the student at VFIS when the student meets all the enrolment requirements but has not yet paid the tuition fee afterwards.
- Security deposit fee will be deducted on the first tuition payment.
- Students from the academic year 2022-2023 at VFIS will be given priority to secure a place for the school year 2023-2024 if they meet the following criteria:
- The school receives the re-enrolment response from parents according to the admission application process by April 30, 2023.
- The school receives the - - --- security deposit fee or the tuition fee for the school year 2023-2024 before May 27, 2023.
- New students are required to complete this payment (or tuition fee) within 14 days after receiving the Letter of Offer from the school to guarantee a place at VFIS. After the due date, if the school is full, the security deposit fee will be 100% refunded. Fee collection procedures still take place if the places at VFIS are still available.
- Refund Policies
- The security deposit fee will not be refunded when the payment has been completed but the student refuses to start at VFIS.
- In the case that the parent completes the payment of the security deposit fee at VFIS by July 30th, 2021 but VFIS notifies that the student study profile does not meet with the school’s enrollment requirements, VFIS is obliged to refund the security deposit fee in full.
7.3. Meals Fee
Amount: Collected in accordance with the supplementary fees of the canteen.
- For Primary students: Meals include lunch and snack
- For Secondary and Upper-secondary students: Meals include lunch only. Snack is optional and students will pay by themselves.
- Refund policies
- To receive meals refund, parents must notify in writing or by email to the Academic Department before 12pm of the previous day to have a basis for recording and refunding if the student does not use the meal the next day.
- Parents will receive a one-time refund at the end of the school year, except in the case of a student’s withdrawal from VFIS.
7.4. Bus Fees
- Amount (Currency unit: VND)
- The bus fee to reserve a student’s seat on a school bus is paid by Term or by School Year. Term 1 includes Quarter 1 & 2; Term 2 includes Quarter 3 & 4 based on the Academic Calendar. Quarterly bus fees will be calculated on the basis of the corresponding semester fee for the quarter. Payment of bus fee by quarter is only acceptable if the student starts using the bus service in the 2nd quarter of a term (Quarter 2 & 4).
- Parents can register the bus service for the students at any time. However, bus fees will be charged on a quarterly basis of the service start date.
- In case of using only one-way service (pick-up or drop-off), the fee will be calculated at two-thirds of the annual approved fee schedule;
- The School offers a 10% discount on bus fees from the 2nd child onwards. Conditions: same pick-up/drop-off point, 2-way pick-up/drop-off, annual or periodical payment (not applicable quarterly).
- Refund policies
- In the first week of using the bus service, if students cancel the registered service for any reason, they will receive a full refund of the registered bus service fee, minus 1,000,000 VND of administrative costs for the School.
- After the first week of using the bus, in case the parent cancels the bus service, the refund amount is the difference between the actual amount paid and the bus service fee for the whole quarter.
7.5. English as an Additional Language
- Tuition for English language support (EAL) classes for students who cannot keep up with the English program: 20,000,000 VND/semester.
7.6. Compulsory Health Insurance
+ Conducted in accordance with regulations of the Government
+ Compulsory health insurance is non-refundable.
+ Conducted in accordance with the School Policies
- Uniforms are mandatory for all students at VFIS. Uniforms can be exchanged for an incorrect size or a manufacturer defect within 3 business days of purchase. No deal for exchange or return once the product has been used. Uniforms are purchased at the VFIS shop and collected by VFIS at the distributor's price. Uniforms are non-refundable once the product has been used.
7.8. School supplies
- Students are given notebooks and labels according to regulations; other personal supplies, parents are kindly required to equip the students according to the list recommended by the School.
- Parents provide students textbooks according to the list provided by the School or the school will support the purchase of books for students (if needed), the fee is non-refundable. Some textbooks for other subjects (in Vietnamese and English), students can borrow them at the school library. Books can be exchanged within 3 business days of purchase. Books must be in unused condition when returning.
7.10. Student Card
- Each family will receive free cards including: 1 card/student, 2 cards for parents and 1 card for guardians/transporters. Parents will pay an extra 100,000 VND/card for an additional card. When the card is lost, the fee for renewing a new card is 100,000 VND/card. The card processing fee once the card has been issued will not be refunded.